Hotmelt coating and laminating is applied in many high level industries, such as:
- breathable laminates for outdoor wear
- laminated fabrics for protective clothing
- fashionable clothing e.g. lingerie
- fusible interlining for apparel industry
- laminated textiles for automotive interior
- foam and nonwoven laminated textiles and film for furniture, carpets, etc.
- nonwoven coating and laminating, e.g. isolation material, anti-slip-layers, geo-textil, etc.
- medical reusable and disposable materials
- self-adhesive coatings on film, foam, textiles, papers and nonwovens
- shoe interlining
- coated and laminated fabrics for a wide range of industrial use, e.g. filter media, abrasive material, book lining, etc.
Hotmelt adhesive application finds it's place in many different industries. Most often they share the same goals:
- substitute solvent or water based adhesives
- create new products
- improve performance of existing products
- save resources by technological change to hotmelts
- improve the processing of products